1. Campus Martius Park, 800 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
If you’re brave enough to get on the ice, the ice rink in the center of Campus Martius provides a unique experience to pop the question. Position the two of you in the right direction and you can capture the HUGE Christmas tree in your pictures. Sip some hot cocoa and tell her she’s the one!
2. Downtown Royal Oak, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Main Street and Washington Avenue have Christmas lights lined up and down the blocks. With all parking garages offering free two hour parking it’s a great alternative to the busy bustling downtown Detroit lights. Grab a bite to eat at one of the numerous restaurant and take a stroll down Main or Washington until you find the perfect spot to pop!
3. Prime + Proper, 1145 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226
Come on I had to include at least one restaurant on this list. With a name like Prime + Proper it had better be good and they sure don’t disappoint. The atmosphere and decor alone will leave you wanting more. But the candlelight staircase is why I choose this 5 star steakhouse for the list. I mean go look at it. Seriously, it’s as if it was made for proposals!
4. Holiday Walk Tours at Meadow Brook Hall, 350 Estate Dr, Rochester, MI 48309 Keeping with theme, the lights here are beautiful!
5. Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo, 8450 W. 10 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067
While the name might suggest it resides elsewhere the Detroit Zoo is nested right outside of Detroit in the small suburb of Royal Oak. Relive your childhood at the zoo! The lights are sure to dazzle young and old alike.
6. Santa House in Midland W. Main St., Midland, MI 48640
This cute attraction is not too far of a drive from the city and if you visit at the right time you might even spot a reindeer!
7. Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, 4 Inselruhe Ave, Detroit, MI 48207
If you’re anything like me I’m always trying to escape the cold. After all Michigan’s winter normally last through three of the four seasons. When you step through the doors of the conservatory the beautiful greenery instantly transports you to your summer happy place. Even better the place is kept summer warm to give year round protection to the numerous plants it houses. Pick your favorite greenery and bend the knee.
8. DIA, 5200 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
The architecture here is beyond stunning. Even better it’s free for Metro Detroit residents. Enjoy a vast selection of artwork and pop the question in one of the hundreds of gorgeous spots hidden inside.
9. Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village 20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124
Take a step back in time at Greenfield Village. From Carolers and live music to horse-drawn carriages, reindeer, Model T’s and the nightly firework finale you simply can’t go wrong proposing here. Greenfield village is such a gem its the perfect place to give THE gem.
10. Winter Wonderland at Ford House 1100 Lake Shore Rd, Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
The Ford’s have left such a huge imprint on Detroit. It’s truly fascinating to visit their house at anytime of the year but, during the holidays' remains my favorite. The “Winter Wonderland” is truly a wonderland and makes for a magical proposal.
Best of wishes to all my soon to be engaged couples!